Saturday, March 12, 2016

Week 1

Today I watched and analyzed the Shining in my process to review Stanley Kubrick's work in the horror genre and get some sort of inspiration as his psychological take in his films is something I want to incorporate in the beginning of my short film. The hallway scene of the shining
In the movie Kubrick often uses a tracking shot. In the hallway scenes the little boy
the emptiness of the hotel creates an invisible tension that I would love to recreate in my own way. I would also like to incorporate a creepy lullaby preferably sung by the child himself.
The use of non-digetic sounds makes the audience feel scared and unsettled and it is also used often throughout the film. The idea I have in my head would need to incorporate a couple of non-digetic sounds. However, I think if it I go overboard I could ruin the whole thing so I must be careful and not over do it.  I would also like to have a shot where the camera is so close to my character that the audience feels as if they are experiencing everything with him just like after Danny the little boy enters the unknown room. This type of shot adds suspense because the viewers have no idea what is in front of the boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment