Tuesday, March 29, 2016

I recently watched the movie Half Baked and there was a scene that was in the dogs point of view. This inspired me immediately, I love the shot. I think it is different and gives viewers a perspective they are not used to. I believe this will capture the attention that I desire. Originally I wanted to do a long shot following the boy into the house up the stairs and continue to follow while he wanders into his room. I was debating in between that or just as the child's point of view. I am 90% sure that I will incorporate all three types of shots to show my skills.
However I wonder if the sudden change from the dogs perspective to the humans will look off.
Although it sounds like a really good idea I don't know if my dog or any dog is qualified to do it and I don't want to rely on a dog for my shots. I am going to try it out. I'll get back to you. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniela!
    I have some critiques for your blog. Your first post is disorganized and has little explanation. For example, I think you should state what the pictures included are, where they’re from, and how they relate to your project. Also your bullet-pointed list has a white highlight in the background that you should probably fix. Your second post has good analysis on the film you watched, however, you leave the reader confused because you never explicitly state what your idea is. Also, I would watch out for grammar and maybe type your posts is a Word or Pages document to catch errors. In your third post there is not a title, I’m not positive is intentional or not, but just a heads up. I like how you gave your readers more information on your idea for your film. I would recommend mentioning the plot holistically in addition to the details. For your fourth post, title “Groups” you only have one sentence. I would suggest incorporating multimedia in this post to supplement that sentence and give readers a better idea of what your talking about. For example, maybe a video clip of a scene where audience hears the voices. The fifth post “Shots” is very confusing. Previously you mentioned a little boy and suddenly you have switched ideas. I’m not saying you can’t switch ideas, however, I recommend adding an explanation on what is the new idea and why you switched. In your most recent post you go back to the child as the main character, which is, yet again, confusing. I strongly suggest explaining what your idea is and the plot of the film opening. The dog shot is very interesting and I wish you good luck experimenting with it.
    After reading your blog, I can’t say I have any actual idea as to what your film opening is about. I think you have been writing your posts without realizing that the reader has no idea who you are and what your opening is about. Essentially, while reading your own blog you may not have seen anything wrong because you know what your talking about. However, the reader doesn't and I just wanted to warn you about that. Additionally, I would go back and fix some grammatical errors and for future bog posts maybe write them in a document that has a grammar check. Your blogs seem kind of rushed and don’t appear to have a lot of effort put into them. Overall, I suggest including explanations in your blogs and taking more time when writing them in general.
    Sorry if I was too harsh or blunt and offended you in anyway.

    ReplyDelete