Friday, April 1, 2016

Opening scene...the stairs.

After reading my blog critiques I have came to the realization that I have in fact not been clear with my idea so here it goes. The film will start off with a simple long shot of a calming suburb. Too calming that it causes curiosity and a bit of uncomfort. The camera will slowly pull up towards the main setting, the two story home. I will make it clear that this is a key element by focusing the camera directly towards the house. I will proceed with a cut and a tracking shot of a young boy age (8-12) at a close up of his feet or body at a low angle to make him look superior and frighning. He is followed up the stairs closely but not too closely to  make the viewer feel as if they were right behind him. Another close up will be used to show the feet walking over what appears to be a dead woman on the floor. He simply walks over her without any remorse while clearly recognizing the body. A cut will lead to the next shot of the boy pushing over the open bottle of pills onto the woman's face. They will drop onto her visage and he will walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment